Housing Accommodations

Students who need accommodations or extra support always have someone to count on.

Within the Office of Housing & Residence Life, we strive to accommodate when appropriate because we know this can help students succeed. For details on how to register an accommodation, please contact our Office of Disability Support Services who will be happy to help. All housing accommodation requests require confirmation a student is registered with this department. Please note that approval of an accommodation does not guarantee Housing & Residence Life is able to accommodate if rooms are unavailable.

Some Potential accommodations within housing:

Single room
Private bathroom
Emotional Support Animal
Service Animal
Specific building/floor based on mobility
Central Air based on medical history

Steps to get approved:
  1. Complete the Disabilities Disclosure and Accommodation Request Form.
  2. Submit any documentation of your disability or diagnosis to the Director of Disability Support Services (ahopkinsmason@emoryhenry.edu), by fax (276-944-6180), or mail. Documentation must be from a licensed medical professional that is familiar with your medical history.
  3. Meet with the Director of Disability Support Services to discuss accommodations.

You can review Policies and Procedures to find more information for housing, dining, and other accommodations you may need.